Monday, July 02, 2007

About me...

As you can tell from my title - I am obese, diabetic (type 2), married and have kids. My kids are 20, 18 and almost 17. My youngest will graduate in June 2008. My oldest is my only daughter - a great young woman - working full time - thinking about school in the fall (evening and weekends so she can keep working). Happily in a fairly long term relationship. My older son has a couple more classes to finish to officially graduate - he has dreams of becoming a doctor - I know he can do it! The youngest is working his first job this summer - he is also a high-level competitive speed skater - short track - and is doing his training throughout the summer. He will hopefully put on a lot of bulk this summer and continue to grow.

Hubby - what can I say - I married a great man. Patience (for the most part), kind, loving. Believe me - to be married to me - you NEED patience!

I am a cardiology technologist as of June 8th 2007 when I finished my 1st practicum. I work casual and hope to get a permanent position in a few months. I still have another 11 classes to get through before I get my diploma level - then I hope to do some more advanced training - so I figure I will be in school for about 4 years more.

As for the diabetes - I am often in denial - eating what I know I shouldn't. I am still in the honeymoon period I guess - so I need to kick myself in the butt and start doing a better job of looking after me. I need to lose weight as well - and eating better and exercising more will help.

Somehow I have to change all the I needs to I am doings. How does one motive themselves like that?

Anyone got any advice?

No comments: